"I chose Mysti Murphy as my attorney for divorce because I had met her before and could tell that she was compassionate and well-qualified. After 31 years of marriage I needed someone whom I could trust completely." - Natalie
San Antonio Family Lawyers and Divorce Attorneys
At the Law Firm of Mysti Murphy, we provide experienced family law representation to persons in San Antonio and the surrounding parts of Texas.
We bring more than 15 years of experience to every case we handle. We focus that experience on providing you and your family with the full protection of the law: protection from physical harm, from emotional harm and from financial harm.
Dedicated to Protecting the Rights of Women, Men and Children During Divorce
Our law firm is led by San Antonio family law attorney, Mysti Murphy. Murphy has dedicated her professional career to the defense of families, with a focus on children. As a former family violence and domestic violence prosecutor, she spent eight years taking action against individuals who hurt families. Her dedication in this role earned her the title of Prosecutor of the Year for Dallas County, in 2005.
Now, she brings that same dedication to the realm of family law. Her background has made her particularly equipped to handle complex cases, including those that require a more aggressive approach in order to get positive results, such as cases involving protective orders for domestic violence.
As attorney Murphy's background suggests, we do not tolerate domestic violence. We will not exploit the legal system to protect those who commit this crime. In fact, we are proud to stand against these individuals in all family law matters.
Prepared to Get Positive Results in Any Texas Family Law Case
Our goal is to get positive results in all aspects of family law and related practice areas, from divorce to adoption. While the preferred method is to reach a resolution through negotiation, using mediation and alternative dispute resolution when appropriate, we understand that some cases may require a more aggressive approach. Some cases may require trial.
We have achieved positive results in hundreds of cases that we have taken to trial. If justice for you and your family can only be obtained in court, you want a skilled and knowledgeable trial lawyer on your side. You will find that lawyer at our law firm.
Experienced in a Wide Array of Matters, From Parental Rights to Asset Division
The Law Firm of Mysti Murphy was recently ranked among the Top 10 Family Law Firms by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. We are proud to provide client-oriented representation and clear legal counsel in all types of family law cases. Here are a few of the areas in which we can assist you:
- Ending a marriage — We handle both contested and uncontested divorce as well as giving advice on separations. We know how hard the process can be, and we will guide you through it with compassion and skill.
- Making decisions regarding children — We can assist you with child conservatorship, possession and access (child custody and visitation), grandparents' rights, termination of parental rights, paternity disputes, adoptions and more. We know that nothing matters more to you than your relationships with your children, and we are here to protect those relationships.
- Handling financial matters — From child support and spousal support (alimony) orders to prenuptial agreements regarding property division, we will safeguard your financial interests. We have experience with dividing 401(k)s and pensions in divorce, negotiating spousal support agreements, petitioning for child support modifications and much more.
- Enforcing or changing court orders — We can advise you about modifying custody or support orders, relocating out of state with your children, enforcing existing court orders and addressing other concerns. Let us deal with the Texas courts on your behalf and take some of the stress off your shoulders.
An Accomplished, Exceptional and Highly Regarded Family Law Attorney
In addition to being a former Dallas County Assistant D.A., an established law lecturer, a trial skills instructor and a prominent statewide advocate for domestic violence victims, Mysti Murphy's experience as an attorney clearly speaks for itself. Some of her honors include the following:
- Best Family Law Attorney in San Antonio in 2013, 2014 & 2015, by S.A. Scene (San Antonio's Premier City Magazine)
- 2016 Super Lawyer
- 2016 Ten Best Female Attorney Attorneys, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 2016 Best Law Firm, Rue Ratings Best Law Firms of America
- 100 Best Attorneys in Texas, Best Attorneys of America
- Top 10 Texas Attorneys of 2015, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 2015 Million Dollar Family Law Council Member
- Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates
- Avvo Recognized Attorney in 2011, 2012 and 2013
San Antonio Divorce Lawyer - Bexar County Family Law Attorney
Contact us today to discuss your case with a qualified and caring San Antonio family law and divorce lawyer. Our law firm also represents clients in neighboring communities such as Seguin, New Braunfels, Boerne, Floresville and San Marcos.
Weekend and evening hours are available by appointment. Credit cards are accepted.
Find Mysti Murphy on Google